There has been a lot of talk regarding using CBD oil on dogs. CBD oil has been around for many years and is best known for its’ pain-relieving ingredients. What we dog parents want to know are:
- What are the differences between hemp oil vs. CBD oil for dogs?
- What is the most popular usage of CBD oil for dogs?
- What are the pros and cons of CBD oil for dogs?
- Is using CBD oil safe for my dog, and what are some side effects?
CBD oil for dogs is a product that has become popular in the last few years, but hemp oil is also used for medicinal purposes. The two oils are very similar, but there are differences between them that you need to know about before using either one.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil For Dogs – What is the Difference?
The difference between hemp oil and CBD oil for dogs comes down to two main things:
- Concentration levels of cannabidiol, which you’ll also know as CBD
- Legality in different countries
Hemp oil contains low concentration levels of CBD, usually less than 25mg/mL. This means you have to use a lot more hemp oil when compared to CBD oils to get the same health benefits for your dog. Hemp oil is made from the seeds of a plant called Cannabis sativa. It has been used for centuries to produce oils, waxes, and resins used in paints and varnishes. Hemp oil can be consumed by humans or used as an ingredient in other products such as soaps, candles, perfumes, plastics, etc. Hemp oil is also used as an ingredient in some dog treats.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is another compound found naturally within the Cannabis plant. CBD oils are made from cannabis plants that contain high concentrations of cannabidiol, typically between 50-90mg/mL. This has been shown to have many therapeutic effects on humans and other mammals, including dogs!
CBD can be extracted from hemp or cannabis plants and either applied directly to the skin or made into a product that can be consumed. Merriam Webster says that CBD is “a non-intoxicating oil found in cannabis and hemp plants.” Other experts say that CBD cannot contain more than 3% percent THC. The concentration of CBD varies depending on the product, but you’ll find that CBD oils are much stronger than hemp oil and can be used in smaller doses.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil for Dogs: Which is Better?
Hemp oil and CBD oils for dogs can both be effective at providing many health benefits. Hemp oil is not as strong as CBD oil, so you will need to use more of it to get the same help. However, hemp oil won’t contain any THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) levels that could cause your dog to get “high.”
CBD oil for dogs is made from cannabis plants that have been bred to contain the highest concentrations of CBD, which means you only need a small amount to achieve health benefits. You should ensure your dog doesn’t consume any part of the plant as this could lead to THC toxicity and may be harmful!
You can use hemp oil and CBD oils for dogs to treat various conditions such as skin and coat problems, digestive issues such as diarrhea; allergies; arthritis, epilepsy, etc.
Which Should You Use?
The best way to determine which oil is suitable for your dog would be to speak with a veterinarian or animal expert. These oils are safe and can provide many health benefits, but you must use the one that contains the highest concentrations of CBD (cannabidiol) to achieve these effects.
CBD oil is one of the most popular and well-established treatments for dogs with health issues. It is also one of the safest and most effective options on the market. With so many potential benefits and so few side effects, CBD oil is an excellent choice to add to your dog’s care regimen.
Different Types of CBD Oils For Dogs
There are four types of CBD oils for dogs. These include CBD isolate, which are the molecules of the CBD without the cannabinoid or terpenes. It has molecules without THC. Full-spectrum CBD oil has the molecules of the plant, including small amounts of THC.
What Is CBD Oil Used For On Dogs?
Pets are important members of our family. We care for them, watch them grow, and love them unconditionally. Like humans, animals can also be prone to conditions that stem from pain or discomfort. CBD oil may help treat animals in need of relief. If you’ve been looking for a way to help your animal with pain or anxiety, CBD oil might be the answer.
10 Best Usage Of CBD Oil For Dogs
1. Joint Pain – CBD oil may be a good supplement for your pet if they are experiencing joint pain. CBD oil can be found in a variety of strengths and can help reduce inflammation and pain. If you’ve been watching your pet struggle to walk or jump, you might want to consider CBD oil. It can help provide comfort and relief from pain.
Just like humans, pets can benefit from an anti-inflammatory supplement like CBD oil. Joint pain is very common in pets as they age, and it can be hard to find relief. If your dog or cat is struggling with joint pain, you might want to consider giving them CBD oil as a daily supplement.
2. Anxiety – Animals can experience the same types of anxiety that humans do. In addition to being a nuisance, these behavioral changes can be a sign that something is wrong. If your dog is exhibiting fearful behaviors, it may have been mistreated in the past. Signs of anxiety in animals may include:
- Excessive licking.
- A high-pitched bark.
- A reluctance to enter a new area
- A refusal to eat.
CBD oil may be able to help animals with anxiety. CBD oil has been shown to have a relaxing effect on animals without psychoactive effects.
3. Arthritis – Arthritis is a condition that results in pain, stiffness, and inflammation in the joints. You may see your pet licking or rubbing their joints or limping when they walk. CBD oil can alleviate pain and inflammation in these areas.
If your pet is suffering from arthritis, try rubbing CBD oil onto their joints. This will help reduce swelling and bring relief of pain naturally. Another way to apply CBD oil is to make their supplements using CBD oil tinctures or capsules. This allows your pet to get the relief they need without the need for invasive treatments like surgery.
4. Ear Infections – Sometimes, your pet will get an infection in their ear, which can cause them discomfort and could be painful. This is where CBD oil can come in handy. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil can help reduce pain and inflammation. This natural inflammation remedy will help your pet feel better while they heal. Only use it in a room with plenty of fresh air since pets are more sensitive to the smell of the oil.
5. Skin Problems – Skin problems are the most common reason people opt for CBD oil for their pets. CBD oil can effectively reduce inflammation and pain associated with chronic skin conditions like allergies and hot spots. The most significant benefit of CBD oil for animals is that it doesn’t make them feel high like traditional pain relief methods like Advil or Tylenol. CBD oil is an effective and safe treatment for animals that suffer from chronic skin conditions.
6. Digestive Issues & Bowel Distress – If your pet has an upset stomach, it might be due to anxiety. Dogs are known for eating dirt when they are fearful or anxious, leading to stomach upset. CBD oil may be able to provide the relief they need.
The first use of CBD oil for dogs is to help with bowel problems. Bowel problems are common in dogs and can be caused by several factors, such as stress, diet, and an infection. CBD oils are often used in treating dogs with irritable bowel syndrome. Because CBD is considered an anti-inflammatory, you can use it for treating inflammation in dogs. The bowel inflammation is what leads to the syndrome.
CBD oil for dogs can help relieve the symptoms of bowel problems and can speed up the healing process. If your dog is experiencing an issue with their bowel movements, giving them CBD oil may help. You must monitor your pet closely if you are using CBD oil for digestive issues. A small amount of CBD oil is safe for animals, but it may be toxic if the dose is too high or prolonged.
7. Insect Bites – Bites are one of the most common issues for dogs. It’s essential to make sure you can take care of your dog. You’ll need to take the time to find out what is causing the issue, which can be difficult. But, CBD oil is a natural way to help your dog heal. Essentially, CBD oil is a natural anti-inflammatory. When it comes to bites, this will help reduce the inflammation that can lead to infection. With CBD oil, you can reduce the chance of infection and provide your dog with immediate relief.
8. Bone Cancer – CBD oil is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that has been shown to have a high level of effectiveness in the treatment of pain and inflammation. Research has found CBD oil can inhibit cancer cell growth and is a potential treatment for bone cancer.
CBD oil is a popular choice for pets with bone cancer because it does not have the psychoactive effects of THC. Most CBD oils contain little or no THC, making them a better alternative for pain relief. The most common form of cancer in dogs is bone cancer. It most often occurs in large breeds of dogs, such as German Shepherds, Retrievers, and Great Danes. The good news is CBD oil may be an excellent option for your dog with cancer.
9. Joint Pain – Another use of CBD oil for dogs is to help with joint pain. Dogs will often suffer from joint pain as they age. And like humans, this pain can make it challenging to do the things they love, like running and playing.
10. Preventative Care – There are many different ways to prevent future issues and use CBD oil for dogs. One of the best ways to use CBD oil for dogs is to give them a preventative dose. These preventive doses should be taken in the morning and the evening and can help prevent issues like arthritis, cancer, and anxiety.
Pros and Cons of CBD Oil for Dogs
According to Veterinarians, there are many benefits to using CBD oil for your dog. These pros include:
- Treating pain, especially neuropathic pain.
- Help in controlling seizures.
- Reducing inflammation in your dog’s organs and body.
- Cardiac benefits.
- Providing anti-nausea relief.
- Anti-cancer benefits.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
- Increases appetite
The Cons Of Using CBD Oil On Dogs
One of the rare disadvantages of using CBD oil on dogs is that they may become depressed and lethargic. Most side effects are a result of using too much CBD oil on your dog. These cons include dry mouth, dizziness, vomiting, tremors, diarrhea, itching, and increased interactions with other drugs.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Use For My Dog?
For starting purposes, you can give your dog 1-2 milligrams for every 10 pounds. This is an excellent healthy dose that will not put your pet’s system into shock mode. You can give your dog with health issues 2+3 milligrams of CBD Oil per 10 pounds.
Is Using CBD Oil Safe For My Dog?
The short answer to your question is yes. Dogs have the same endocannabinoid system that is found in humans and other mammals. Dogs can use the same CBD oils that are used for humans.
The only thing you should be aware of when giving these products to your pet is that it’s essential to read the instructions of each product carefully before using them. Both hemp oil and CBD oils contain different concentrations of cannabidiol, which means you should follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to enjoy maximum benefits.
When using CBD oil for any animal, it’s best to consult with a vet to make sure you’re using the correct dosage. Your vet will know your pet’s personality better than you do, making it easier to choose the proper dosage for them. It’s also essential to make sure you follow reasonable safety precautions when giving your animal CBD oil.
What Are The Side Effects?
There are no known side effects of using hemp oil or CBD oils for dogs. The products contain virtually zero THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) levels, which means that they won’t cause your dog to become high. You shouldn’t experience any adverse events while giving these products to your pet!
Hemp oil and CBD oils for dogs are both safe to use if you follow the recommendations of your veterinarian or animal expert. You should be aware that some products contain a different concentration of CBD (cannabidiol) while others may include THC, so it’s essential to read the instructions before using them!
What Age Should I Use CBD Oil For My Puppy or Dog?
CBD oil is safe for dogs and puppies of any age. CBD oil acts as a supplement in supporting your dog’s good health. The CBD oil works effectively with your dog and puppy’s endocannabinoid system.
How Do You Administer Hemp or CBD Oils to Your Dog?
Both hemp oil and CBD oils for dogs can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with food (take care not to use too much!). As we mentioned, hemp oil is used as an ingredient in some dog treats, and it’s also included in capsules that can be added to your pet’s food.
CBD oils come with a pipette or dropper for easy dosing (you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions). CBD oils are commonly sprayed on top of food before feeding or can be added to your dog’s food before cooking.
How long does it take for CBD oil to work in dogs?
If you are applying CBD oil into the mouth or gums of your dog, experts say to allow 20 – 60 minutes for results to be realized. This will give your dog’s stomach enough time to digest the oils properly. Allow 45 – 90 minutes if you put the CBD oil in your dog’s food or give him doggie treats. This allows their system to absorb the CBD oil.
Do They Work As Well As Traditional Medications?
CBD oils are known to provide many health benefits for dogs, which is why they’re often used in place of traditional medications. As we mentioned earlier, CBD oils can treat a wide range of conditions such as skin and coat problems, digestive issues, including diarrhea, pain relief, allergies, arthritis/bone spurs, epilepsy, etc.
Hemp oil can also be used to treat a variety of conditions in dogs. For years, hemp oil has been known for its ability to provide pain relief, eliminate nausea and vomiting, improve moods (including anxiety), cure skin diseases, etc.
Both hemp oil and CBD oils are popular among pet owners because they effectively treat various health problems in young and old dogs.
Hemp oil is a popular product among pet owners because it’s effective at treating many different conditions! CBD oils for pets are also prevalent, but make sure you buy from a reputable company to ensure that the product contains cannabidiol (CBD) levels rather than THC ones.
You can use both hemp oil and CBD oils for dogs to treat various conditions that may arise in both young and old pups! You must always follow the instructions of each product carefully when giving these products to your pet.
5 Best CBD Oils For Dogs In 2022
If your dog is hyper or needs an appetite stimulant, then give him one of these best CBD Oils for 2022. They include:
- ElleVet Sciences – ElleVet is the only CBD + CBDA* product proven to work for dogs in multiple clinical trials.
- Nuleaf Naturals
- Cornbread Hemp
- Honest Paws CBD Oil
*CBDA occurs in plants that are still growing, while CBD comes from harvested and cured cannabis plants.
CBD oils have so many benefits for your dog. Remember to do your research and keep these best CBD oils on your shortlist before purchasing.
CBD oil is not THC and can be given to dogs of all ages. The amount administered is usually 1-2 milligrams for every 10 pounds of your dog or puppy. Administer via your dog’s mouth or put it into his food. You may also buy CBD oil doggie treats online and in stores or apply a CBD oil topical cream on his skin. CBD oils can be given daily to your dog as a health supplement as long as you stay within the preferred range of 1-2 milligrams.
CBD oil and Hemp oil for dogs is not just a trend anymore. This product has many proven benefits that can treat various health conditions in both young and old pups.
Still, it’s important to always follow the instructions on each package carefully before giving these oils to your furry friend!
Make sure you buy from reputable companies only and consult with your vet if you have any questions about whether or not they should take hemp oil or CBD products. It will make all the difference between treating their condition successfully or worsening it.
There are many different ways to prevent future issues and use CBD oil for dogs. One of the best ways to use CBD oil for dogs is to give them a preventative dose. Dogs should take this preventive dose in the morning and in the evening. Morning dosage helps prevent issues like arthritis, cancer, and anxiety throughout the day. CBD oil is an excellent form of preventative care because it is an all-natural supplement. You can reduce any adverse side effects that come from other medications by using CBD oil instead.
Experts say that CBD oil sales will increase to 20 billion dollars in 2024. Other statistics are 1 in 3 Americans use CBD, 66% of people are familiar with CBD oils. 40% of CBD users treat chronic pain with the oils, while 20% of CBD users treat anxiety, 11% use CBD for better sleep. 28% of people use CBD oils daily.
**FDA Disclaimer – The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements made regarding CBD oil for dogs. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.